Traffic to me is the simplest thing on the planet. It is so easy to get! All you have to do is provide people with a solution to their problem and they will come, read it and they will share it with their friends!
I have created over 100 ‘top list’ type posts which have been viewed by millions. They are so popular and well received that they have been featured on Reddit Homepage, New York Times, Yahoo News & one even became a Trending Topic on Twitter! The best part… I can get these types of posts created for just $25. Let me teach you how.
Why Creating Lists Will Drastically Increase Your Traffic
When you Google, think what you are typing in, let’s say you are looking for a cure for a health problem. Just for example, you are going to type in Cure Acid Reflux. That’s a big search term. Firstly you would be surprised how many people don’t name the article what people are searching for in Google. This blows my mind. Why are you calling your article something fancy and using words people don’t ever use, just to make yourself look smart. No one is typing that in Google, so you shouldn’t be naming your posts that.
I’m no SEO expert, there I said it. But I do get around 200,000 visitors a month from Google alone so it’s kind of a big deal for me.
Here’s what I believe: Google ranks sites which are naturally awesome. Forget everything about buying links and social love. Just imagine that your posts are so cool, people spend ages on your site and people love to share your stuff. That’s what GOOGLE wants! Great content because they are in the content industry. There job is to provide users with the right content and the best possible option, if yours is not that, then you don’t rank so well.
Back to my health post, I will call it :
10 Ways To Cure Acid Reflux
Somewhere I heard that odd numbers work better for open rates and marketing so I often will change the 10 for 7, 11, 13, 17 basically any odd number that looks good. I will decide how many I want before I even create the post. Ofcourse, it sometimes changes as I’m writing the post.
What you don’t want to do is call your article something like:
Surefire Ways To Eradicate Acid Reflux
I’m sure someone will type in Eradicate Acid Reflux every month or two but Surefire Ways? No Way!
You think this is an extreme example? Heck no, this is a nice example.
Tip 1. Name Your Posts Something People Search For!
Here’s where top lists dominate:
- Firstly, they are quite long so people tend to spend a while reading them.
- Each part is in section, for example, our Cure Acid Reflux post, its 7 cures, so we have 7 headlines with each option. Because of this, people can quickly decide YES, there’s something here I am willing to do, so I will read it all. I think a lot of articles don’t do well because people are not prepared to commit time to read a page if they don’t think it’s going to help them.
- The title says exactly what you get, so you know what you are getting into.
- When shared on social media, again, people know what they are about to get. Often people will retweet and share blog posts just because of the title, not even knowing if the article is good or not.
Step 1. To Dominating Any Industry
Post a large amount of amazing articles. That’s what I do, I show up in dozens of industry’s and just do the same old top list posts but for different industry’s. Here’s some examples:
Blogging/Make Money Industry
- Top 30 Most Influential People In Blogger
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Internet Entrepreneur
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Entrepreneurs
- 17 Tips To Cure Bloggers Block
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Facebook
- Top 30 Most Influential People In Photography
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To be a Photographer
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Photographers
- 17 Tips To Fix Bad Photos
- 20 Photographers To Follow on Facebook
- Top 30 Most Influential People in Natural Health
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be Healthy
- 10 Christmas Gifts for Super Healthy People
- 17 Tips To Cure Acid Reflux
- 20 Health Experts To Follow on Facebook
Young Entrepreneur Industry
- Top 30 Most Influential Young Entrepreneurs
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Young Entrepreneur
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Young Entrepreneurs
- 17 Tips To Stop People Treating You Different Because Of Your Age
- 20 Young Entrepreneurs To Follow On Facebook
See how easy it is?
And it doesn’t stop there. Each post can be done in so many other ways. For example:
10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Photographer… you could flip this on it’s head and do 10 Reasons Why It Sucks…
Tip 2. Turn One Top List Into a Series of Top Lists
Remember our post suggestion: 20 Bloggers To Follow on Facebook
How about doing that with every social network:
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Twitter
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Youtube
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Pinterest
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Google+
Instead of doing a post such as “20 Ways To Improve Your Website” – you could split it into a series and niche each one down, so for example:
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Load Time
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Usability
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Blog Layout
- 10 Ways To Improve your Websites Conversion Rate
Step 2. Getting Articles Created (20 at a time)
So in order to achieve a lot of success with our blogs, we need a lot of content… by doing basically no actual work. This is important because as a business owner we can’t be doing everything ourselves, so we need to outsource what other people can do for us.
The great thing about top list articles, is they are more or less just research. Almost anyone can write them. The first article I ever outsourced was way back in 2009 and since then, has recieved over 1,000,000 visitors. All I had to do is hire someone and pay them $50. Still to do this day, I get thousands of visitors to my website every month because of that blog post. So don’t just think about how much traffic you will get today from a post but how much traffic you can get in the future.
Right now, one of the easiest places to hire a writer is Fiverr. They have a huge selection of writers and you can get your post written in under 24 hours. So if you want to test this strategy out, click here to hire someone to write your articles for you!
Tip 3. Be Specific With What You Want
If you want great articles, you have to give great guidelines. When you hire someone, I always include instructions so they know what I expect from them. This is what I send them:
Guidelines For Writing Awesome Articles For My Website
The majority of people who write articles for us, will go on to write many more. Please follow my article outline and guidelines to ensure your article is well received and accepted. Failure to do so will result in your article being declined.
All posts should be well researched.
If the article is numbered, please number it 1. 2. 3. etc (not #1 #2 #3 or 1 – 2 – 3 -)
If the title is broad, for example, 50 Places to Visit in 50 States of America, then please give a broad selection of choice. So for example, don’t make all 50 places landmarks, split it up so their is variety, for example, Landmarks, Famous Restaurants, Bars, Theme Parks, Extreme Things To Do and so on.
Be consistent with how you lay your article out, for example, I sometimes see people write post titles with the attraction first, followed by location. Then there will be 1 or 2 titles without a location. Each title needs to be in the same format.
Below is an example of how I like articles to be laid out:
Introduction to post. (This needs to be informative and make them want to carry on reading.)
Subheadline, in h2 tags. <h2>Your Subheadline</h2>
Information why you should do what this title suggestions.
[There should be one line between each element.]
Examples of successful posts written:
As you can see in the final part of this post, I guide writers through exactly what I want. Even giving them examples of writers who have already followed our guidelines. This is key to having success with outsourcing article writing.
So just to recap what you need to do:
- Download our 110 top list headline templates, it’s FREE!
- Go through our headlines and decide on the 10 that you think will be most successful on your blog.
- Go to Fiverr and hire a writer or several writers to create this content for you.
- Publish content on your website and enjoy the benefits of top list articles.
- Repeat the first 4 steps over and over again.
That’s all there is to our top list strategy. It works for us and it’s worked for thousands of other IncomeDiary readers as well, so why not give it a try?